Relentless Pursuit of Wisdom and Liberty

The weblog companion of Trippet.net, dedicated to pondering, "If Patrick Henry could see us now..."

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

USC shows why it's the undisputed champ


'Nuff said. Fight On Trojans, way to make us proud!

And for those who may not know me, I am no fair-weather bandwagon USC fan. Besides getting my Master's there (my father as well), I went to my first football game in 1998 and was hooked from the pre-game tailgate party. I suffered through Hackett-coached 6-6 and 5-6 seasons and the first last-place PAC-10 finish in USC history, wearing my Cardinal and Gold all the while. Reminds me of that commercial: "Why do we do it? Why do we suffer the disappointments and the dismal seasons? So that when it comes back around, and your team's on top of the world, we can say with truth and pride, We've been here the whole time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home