Relentless Pursuit of Wisdom and Liberty

The weblog companion of Trippet.net, dedicated to pondering, "If Patrick Henry could see us now..."

Friday, February 25, 2005

Another follow-up: Cato's Social Security Conference


I mentioned before that I was looking forward to hearing about the Cato Institute's two-day conference on Social Security. I'm not sure when they posted them, but I just found that Cato has posted video and audio files covering every minute of the proceedings. I haven't had a chance to watch/listen to it all, but I did check out the first section of the second day, when they heard from Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), Rep. Sam Johnson (R-TX), Rep. Jim Kolbe (R-AZ), and Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC), speaking about their various bills in front of Congress at the moment.

Also featured are sections on the crisis, evaluation of reform plans, women and minorities, and politics and polling as they relate to reform - with recent Nobel prize-winning economist Edward Prescott giving a keynote on Day 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home